Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back To School

Where did the summer go???? I have so very much enjoyed my non rushed mornings, sitting on the couch having my cup of coffee (enhanced with varying flavors of coffee creamer – right now I recommend International Delights’ Caribbean Cinnamon Crème). Go here for $1.00 off coupon http://www.internationaldelight.com/. It’s my only time to myself and even if I have to get up at 5:45am to accomplish this, it’s worth it. I rarely get to watch TV so I tape the things I’d like to see and watch them as I have my coffee. What has been nice this summer is that I get an extra 30 minutes to relax that I don’t normally get when school is in. Also nice is the fact that Madi is a nicer kid when she wakes up on her own around 7:15am as opposed to when I have to wake her up at 6:45am.

Madi at 7:15am

But, what do you do? School must go on and so the morning rush shall soon return! Awww Barnicles, I say! (For those that don’t watch Sponge Bob Squarepants… that’s what you say when you’re disgusted or disappointed. You gotta love cartoons)!

I can’t quite comprehend the fact that Madi will be in first grade. It seems like kindergarten came and went in the blink of an eye. As I watched Madi at her kindergarten graduation last spring, I cried because I thought before I know it, I’ll be watching her high school graduation and thinking where did the time go? Lately, I notice myself praying often for God to freeze time.

It makes me want to relish every moment – which I try to do even though sometimes it’s hard with our hectic lives.

In the spirit of relishing moments, I will be preparing a back to school dinner to honor Madi and hopefully get her excited about first grade! I’ll post about that next week and promise lots of pictures of the event!

1 comment: