Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back To School Dinner

I saw this idea on another blog called the nieniedialogues and thought it was a wonderful way to get Madi excited about the beginning of a new school year. We enjoyed BBQ, baked macaroni and cheese, roasted okra and cake with layers of rainbow colored icing. To wash it all down we had some delicious sparkling sodas of the orange and blueberry pomegranate flavors! On the window behind the table I displayed some of Madi's kindergarten work so we could see how much she learned in her first year of school and to look forward to what was ahead in first grade!


The table was set with dishes that belonged to my Nanny. They are white with an aqua and brown retro design. I love them and think it's so neat that something she picked out all those years ago has come back in style. I feel lucky to have them. I just wish she were here to see us enjoy using them.


I think she liked her back to school outfit. Below is a picture of her the morning of her first day of first grade wearing it.




6 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that little outfit. I think the short cut is so appropriate. She looks so sweet!

Kristen said...

The table looks awesome! Should be in a magazine...you're so creative.

Kristen said...

Do I see a little puppy sleeping in doggy bed behind Madi before school? How cute!

Connie said...

I read NieNie too and I love this idea! That outfit is adorable!!

Thanks for helping me celebrate my SITS day!

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from SITS! I just wanted to share some comment love. I hope the rest of your week is absolutely amazing!

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

The Read the Story of Why I Blog:

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/07/document.html

The Redhead Riter said...

Awwwww she is cute. I remember when Alyssa started school. I cried and cried. I didn't want her to grow up and now she is 16 and I STILL don't want her to grow up...LOL

Dropping by from SITS